TNC 640 – The Contouring Control for Milling and Milling/Turning Machines
For more than 35 years, TNC controls from HEIDENHAIN have been proving themselves in daily use on milling, drilling and boring machines, as well as machining centers. While the controls have undergone continuous development during this period, the basic operational technique has remained the same.
You will find also these principles implemented in the TNC 640, the HEIDENHAIN contouring control for milling and milling/turning operations: shop-oriented programmability with graphic support, many field-proven cycles and an operational design you'll recognize from other HEIDENHAIN controls.
You program conventional milling and drilling operations, and with the TNC 640 also turning operations, yourself at the machine, in plain language dialog—the workshop-oriented programming language from HEIDENHAIN. The TNC 640 provides you with optimum support with practical prompts, questions and expressive graphical aids—for turning operations, too.
Standard operations and even complex applications are on call as a large variety of real-world machining cycles or coordinate transformations.
Easy to operate
For simple work, such as face milling or face turning, you need not write a program on the TNC 640. It is just as easy to operate the machine manually by pressing the axis keys or—for maximum sensitivity—using the electronic handwheel.
Offline program creation
The TNC 640 can be programmed remotely just as well. Your Fast Ethernet interface guarantees very short transfer times, even of long programs.
The TNC 640 is particularly capable in operations on milling/turning machines. The TNC 640 is also intended for HSC and 5-axis operations on machines with up to 18 axes.
The TNC 640 is especially attractive for the following areas of application:
• Simple, program-controlled switchover between milling and turning
• Comprehensive turning cycle package
• Constant surface speed
• Tool-tip radius compensation
Universal milling machines
• Shop-floor programming in HEIDENHAIN conversational format
• Fast presetting with a HEIDENHAIN touch probe
• Electronic handwheel
High speed milling
• Fast block processing
• Short control-loop cycle time
• Motion control low in jerk
• High spindle speed
• Fast data transfer
• Cycles for drilling, boring and spindle alignment
• Drilling oblique holes
• Control of quills (parallel axes)
Five-axis machining with swivel head and rotary table
• Tilting the working plane
• Cylindrical Surface Machining
• Tool Center Point Management (TCPM)
• 3-D tool compensation
• Fast execution through short block processing times
Machining centers and automated machining
• Tool management
• Pallet management
• Controlled presetting
• Reference-point management with preset tables
• Automatic workpiece measurement with HEIDENHAIN touch probes
• Automatic tool measurement and breakage inspection
• Connection with host computer